Beginning in 1982 as a water softener distribution operation Jim Gander fashioned this business into four operations providing service throughout Southeastern Minnesota.
Superior Water Conditioning, operated by Larry Klobassa, has been in business since 1982. Superior Water Conditioning designs, manufactures and distributes water softeners, drinking water systems and filtration systems for your home and business. Superior Plumbing and Heating, owned and operated by Jim Gander, has been in existence since 1984. Superior Plumbing and Heating installs plumbing systems, steam and hot water heating system. Superior Mechanical Systems, owned and operated by Rob Jones, began operation in January of 2000. The focus of Superior Mechanical Systems is heating, air conditioning and refrigeration. During the summer of 2005, at the request of some of our customers, Superior opened a branch office in Edina to serve the greater metropolitan area of the Twin Cities. During the summer of 2006, Superior recognized an opportunity in the Brainerd area and opened another office in Pequot Lakes.
Adjusting to business changes, industry shifts and the downturn in the home building and construction marketplace Jim saw the need to become lean and nimble. Merging all four companies into one afforded the new Superior Mechanical to serve its valued customer base more competitively; reestablishing its path by going out of its “comfort zone” in regards to territory, expansion into other trade areas and encouraging the continuation and financial stability of Superior Mechanical. Food processing plants, hospital and industrial customers, high pressure piping and specialty sheet metal fabrication opportunities transformed Superior Mechanical into a full service Plumbing-HVAC-Piping-Refrigeration-Mechanical Insulation contractor.
Superior Mechanical provides its customers with the most convenient, efficient, code compliant plumbing or HVAC systems at the lowest cost possible without sacrificing the standards of quality workmanship and first rate service. Superior is known for its advance use of the most modern methods and materials as well as installation practices. It is our sincere hope and desire to provide you with the service you deserve and establish a relationship that will last for many years.
The Superior Mission
To be the most honest plumbing and mechanical contractor consisting of a team of professionals with individual talents, personalities and experience working together in a fun, comfortable, productive workplace building relationships and providing consistent, reliable customer service.
- National Association of Home Builders – (NAHB)
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. – (ABC)
- Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors Association – (PHCC)
- Builders Association of Minnesota – (BAM)
- Rochester Area Builders – (RAB)
- Mid-Minnesota Builders Association – (MMBA)
- Rochester Area Chamber of Commerce – (RACC)
- Brainerd Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce – (BLACC)
- Spirit of Excellence Awards as a Quality Supplier for Hormel Foods, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- BAM Associate, Distinguished Business of the Year, 2008
- ABC Award of Excellence, Superior Mechanical, Pyramid Award, 2008
- ABC Award of Excellence, Superior Mechanical, Eagle Award, 2008
- BAM Associate of the Year, Jim Gander, 2008
- American Standard Dealer of the Year, Superior Mechanical Systems, 2001-2008
- ABC Step Award, Superior Companies, Safety Training and Evaluation Process, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- ABC Award of Merit, Superior Plumbing & Heating, 2002